Erivac provides equipment for BioGas Generation
All over the world governments and companies are looking for ways to become more sustainable and reduce our carbon footprint in order to meet global warming targets. There is a change of paradigms in a process where fossil fuels, such as “Natural” Gas, are being phased out in favor of BioFuels. There is a huge potential in processing organic wastes, such as: – industrial and municipal sewage with high organic load – livestock manure; – sludge from waste water treatment; – household waste, etc., in an anaerobic process to produce Biogas. This Biogas can and will substitute “Natural” Gas for industrial purposes, BioFuel for combustion engines, and, as in many places around Europe for example, household heating and cooking gas.
BioGas is produced using an anaerobic digestion process that normally has a thermal control for maximum efficiency, thus heating and cooling of sludge is necessary. Digested Sludge often need Hygenization/Sterilization. The resulting BioGas also needs treatment before it can be commercially available to reduce impurities such as hydrogen sulfide.
For these processes, the following process equipment can be very useful
Ejectors and Vacuum Systems
– Steam Jet Heater for Hygenization / Sterilization
– Spiral Heat Exchangers for liquid/liquid applications with dirty or high viscous media or product slurries with high solid content as economizers, heaters / coolers,
– Welded Plate Heat Exchangers. These are for applications as above but for less dirty or semi-fouling media.
– Corrugated Tube In Tube Heat Exchangers – for liquid/liquid applications with dirty or high viscous media as economizers, heaters / coolers,
– Automatic Filters for protection of heat exchangers and spray nozzles for reduced maintenance necessity and increased plant availability, filtration of raw water and cooling water circuits. If Sea or Brackish Water is used, acting as effective mussels and mussel larvae stop.